Jorg ITservices Dweller
Remote IT Support
Home Business, United Kingdom.Contact Ivan for:
A service-focused IT professional with skills in installing and maintaining, security with Windows Vista and Windows 7, 8 and 10 operating systems, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2 and MS Office software applications. Proven ability to create and deliver solutions tied to business growth, organizational development and systems/network optimization. Skilled problem identifier and troubleshooter comfortable managing systems, projects and teams in a range of IT environments.
Work-related skills, responsibilities and experience
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows 7
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) - Windows Vista, Windows 7
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional - Windows 7 Configuration 70-680 and Windows 7, Enterprise 70-685
- Microsoft Certified Professional - Windows Vista Configuration 70-620
- Microsoft Certified Professional - Windows Server 2012 Installing and Configuring 70-410
- Implementing and configuring the corporate LAN environment
- Management, NOS Patches & Updates, Training & Mentoring
- Hardware and Microsoft support for the Client machines
- LAN/WAN Administration, Project Management, Workflow Planning, Productivity Improvement
- Technical Support, Systems Installation, Configuration & Upgrading, Security Solutions
- Diagnosis of desktop, application, networking and infrastructure issues.
- Installation and configuration of network Printers
- Outlook configurations and support.
- Troubleshooting PC-s, laptops and mobile devices.
- E-Mail Client Configuration & Support (Microsoft Outlook and Outlook express)
- Windows 7, Vista, Windows 10 and Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2012
- Deploy and configuring PCs, Servers Workstations and Laptops
- Maintenance, Troubleshooting of Desktop Pc-s, Laptops
- Providing 1st/2nd/3rd line support to users.
- Administering the IT department-s policies and procedures
- Installation and support of telecommunication equipment
- Operating System Installation of Windows VISTA, Windows 7, Windows 10
- Maintaining a log of all problems detected and system back ups
- Performing maintenance on copy machines, Xerox scanner, printers
- Configuring DC, AD, DNS, DHCP, user and computer accounts, Direct Access, Branch Cache, WDS deployment
- Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues
- Maintanance, updates, downloads, apps installation and backups remotely with Remote Desktop and Team Viewer Applications from my home
- Responsible for maintaining backups and for project work such as new builds.
- Working closely with software suppliers to resolve operational issues.
- Responsible for supporting: WindowsVista/Windows 7/ Windows 10 Technical Preview and Windows Server, Active Directory, Backup products, Anti-Virus products, Hyper-V, DNS/DHCP, TCP/IP, Ethernet, wireless router and Firewalls configuration.
Relevant Work Experience
July 2015 to the present: Running my own business, IT Remote Services, from home
June 2014 to the present: IT Support, System and Network Administrator, Domain Administrator Volunteer at Rhythms of Life, 21-22 Poland Street, Oxford Circus, London W1F WQG, phone n.: 0207 439 8231
Rhythms of Life Community Cafe, 36 Matthias Road, London N16 8QD, phone n.: 0203 538 3502
Nov 2012 to 2014: IT Support and System Administrator Volunteer for people and friends
- Deploying, installing, upgrading, updating, imaging, backups, maintaing and troubleshooting operating systems, Upgrading hardware and software, testing software, troubleshooting and maintaining printers.
- Setting the Networks, VPNs, Homegroups, Firewalls and Remote Management
- Running different operation systems in my laptop, learning and practising Labs and all the features and Editions of the Windows Vista and Windows 7.
May - Nov 2012: Volunteer Administrator/Systems Administrator, County Community Project - Transforming Lives in Cheltenham
System Administrator and Receptionist / Administrator
- Created and maintained the user accounts within Citrix network, its security and management
- Respond to email, telephone and written interest from customers
- Maintained accurate and up-to -date database
- Undertook database cleansing
- Fixing equipment, including routers and printers
- Setting up new equipment and upgrading and updating existing systems
- Testing and servicing equipment in booking new volunteers on to appropriate training courses
- Participated in Assessment Centre interview sessions
- Typed and responded to letters and emails and answered telephone queries
- Analysed data and produce statistical reports, make printing and scanning of documents
Librarian/Administration/Translator, Slovak National Library, Martin, Slovakia, 17 years
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and levels of English in translating bibliographic descriptions from English into Slovak.
- Translated and interpreted for foreign librarian visitor
- Established and maintained periodicals in electronic format in the Integrated Librarian System of Classification - ISIS
- Successfully devised a method for computerization of Slovak libraries
Other Employment History
Nov 2009 - Feb 2010: Part Time Cleaner, St. Vincent-s Day Care, Central Cross Drive, Cheltenham--------------
Mar 2008 - Nov 2009: Leaflet Distribution, Barrett & Harris, 100 Ladybird Road, Cheltenham
April - August 2008: Catering Assistant, CPW Hot Cats Catering Agency, Western Avenue, Gloucester
March 2007 - 2008: Bar Person, Letheby & Christopher, Cheltenham Race Course
July 2006 - Jan 2007: Cleaner/Kitchen Porter, Reservoir Inn, London Road, Cheltenham
Education and Training
2014: Studying and Lab practicing of the Windows Server 2008, 2012 and VM Ware from Microsoft Virtual Academy.
2012: TABS Training Ltd. - Tebbit House, Cheltenham:- Provided a wide range of training programmes, helping me to achieve their life-long ambitions and learning goals.
Level 1 Certificate in Adult Literacy, The City and Guilds of London Institute
Level 1 Certificate in Adult Numeracy, The City and Guilds of London Institute
2013: Microsoft Certified Professional - Windows Vista Configuration 70-620 MCP
2013: Microsoft Exam Pass: Windows 7 Enterprise Desktop Support 70-685 - MCITP
2014: Microsoft Exam Pass: Windows 7 Configuration 70-680 - MCTS
2015: Microsoft Exam Pass: Windows Server 2012 Installation and Configuration 70-410
2010: Home Learning College-Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS 70-620)
University Education: Philosophical Faculty of the Komensky's University, Bratislava, Slovakia - Information Management and Library Science, Theory of librarian-informational systems - Databases - Computerization of the Libraries
Grammar School of Technology: Martin, Slovakia: Equivalent of GCSE passes: Mathematics, Physics, Electronics, Slovak language
References Available on Request